Kentwood fire appears to be an accident

Kentwood fire investigators say the house fire that killed a 19-year-old and 12-year-old appears to be an accident.

Officials say Ashlee Duran,12, and Nety Chavez,19, died due to smoke inhalation in the home on 48th Street between Division and Eastern avenues.

Fire officials found a space heater near where the fire started.

Investigators are trying to determine if there was a possible electrical issue.

View the full story on WOOD TV

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content