Damaged Christmas lights lead to house fire

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A Kalamazoo home was damaged after some Christmas lights sparked a fire Wednesday.

The fire broke out around 11:45 a.m. at a single-story home in the 2200 block of Regent Street off Mt. Olivet Road, according to the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety.

Authorities say the fire started where the residents had stapled Christmas lights to the wall, damaging the outer jacket of the cord.

Full Story: WOOD TV

title

Content Goes Here