Muskegon County Health officials question reopening of Michigan’s Adventure

A reminder to social distance at Michigan’s Adventures on July 16, 2020..

by: WOODTV.com staff

FRUITLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Health officials in Muskegon County question if Michigan’s Adventure should remain open under Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order.

Michigan’s Adventure reopened its water park with safety precautions. earlier this month. Michigan's Adventure amusement park has remained closed.

Whitmer’s newest order on Wednesday called for the closure of “outdoor services or facilities involving close contact of persons for amusement or other purposes,” including water parks and amusement parks.

Kathy Moore, Muskegon County Director of Public Health says while the park has been “cooperative and cautious” in complying with health recommendations, the order suggests Michigan’s Adventure should close until further notice.

The Muskegon County Director of Public Healthsays until the county can get a ruling if the executive order is specific to Michigan’s Adventure, the park will remain open.

Laure Bollenbach, spokesperson for Michigan’s Adventure said, “Michigan’s Adventure Wildwater Adventure will remain open. We have not been asked to close,” said

More: WOODTV.COM

Newsradio WOOD 1300 and 106.9 FM · Grand Rapids News, Weather and Traffic

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel