Electrical outlet suspected in Battle Creek house fire

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — Investigators say an electrical outlet may be to blame for a fire that damaged a Battle Creek home.

Firefighters say they were called to a house on Lathrop Avenue just east of Main Street at 5:48 a.m. Wednesday.

Crews arrived to smoke and flames coming from a second floor bedroom. Firefighters quickly attacked the blaze, containing it to the room where it started.

The 21 firefighters who responded remained at the scene for a little longer than an hour to ensure there were no flare ups and to air out the home.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damages to the house and its contents. The Battle Creek Fire Department said smoke damage was mostly contained to the second floor.

Everyone inside the home safely escaped.

More from WOODTV.com

title

Content Goes Here