BCFD: Man thawing pipes accidentally starts fire

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — A fire in Battle Creek Saturday was sparked by a man trying to unfreeze the pipes, firefighters say.

The small fire broke out around 5:15 p.m. at a home on 22nd Street just south of W. Territorial Road.

Battle Creek Fire Department Battalion Chief Martin Erskine told 24 Hour News 8 a man was heating the pipes from the outside when surrounding materials reached ignition temperatures.

Full story: WOOD TV

title

Content Goes Here