Scorpion Falls From Overhead Bin, Stings Passenger on United Flight

posted by The INSIDER - 

After spending two weeks on vacation in Mexico, Richard and Linda Bell were on a United Airlines flight home from Houston to Calgary on Sunday. They thought their adventure was over — until a scorpion fell from the overhead compartment and on to Richard.

They didn’t immediately recognize the honey-colored, 1.5-inch animal until a passenger sitting next to them pointed out that it was probably a scorpion.

Richard took the scorpion from his hair and dropped it onto his tray. When he picked it up again, the animal stung him. Bell told Global News Canada that it “felt like a wasp sting.”

Another passenger took the scorpion, stomped it on the ground and then threw the remains in the toilet.

The passenger bitten by the scorpion was treated by paramedics and said to be safe from any long-term effects.

Read more at TravelAndLeisure


The Insider

The Insider

Want to know more about The Insider? Get their official bio, social pages and articles on Newsradio WOOD 1300 and 106.9 FM!

title

Content Goes Here