HASTINGS, Mich. (WOOD) — Spectrum Health Pennock Hospital in Hastings says the bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ disease has been found in the water supply.
Wednesday, positive results for Legionella from the hospital’s water supply were reported to the Barry-Eaton District Health Department.
It comes after two patients at Spectrum Health Pennock Hospital came down with Legionnaire’s Disease in November 2018.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Legionnaire’s disease is a type of severe lung infection caused by breathing in moisture contaminated with Legionella bacteria. The infection is most commonly linked to shower water, air conditioning cooling towers, decorative fountains and hot tubs.