Ex-school bus driver accused of assaulting boy, 7

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A former Comstock Park Public Schools bus driver is facing charges for allegedly assaulting an 7-year-old student.

Officials say Scott Gordon Baker, 54, is expected to turn himself in soon on a charge of misdemeanor assault and battery in connection to the Nov. 30 incident.

Kent County Prosecutor Chris Becker said charges were authorized last week after investigators reviewed video of an incident he said showed Baker assaulting a student.

Sgt. Joel Roon with the sheriff’s office said the bus driver had been trying to get the student to sit in an appropriate place on the bus. When the child refused, Roon said the driver used his knee to “nudge” the boy before aggressively forcing him into the seat. 

Roon said the driver did not punch or hit the child.

Roon said Baker was immediately suspended after the allegations surfaced, and now no longer works for the district. It was unclear whether Baker resigned or was fire. 

More from WOODTV.com

title

Content Goes Here