WALKER, Mich. (WOOD) — If you’re looking to adopt a furry family member to your home this season, the BISSELL Pet Foundation is making it easier by picking up much of the tab.
The organization will hold another Empty the Shelters event Saturday, Dec. 1. Participants must pay $20 towards their pet adoption and the BISSELL Pet Foundation will cover the remaining cost. Adopters must also cover any required licensing fees.
More than 80 organizations are signed up to take part in the discounted adoption event including the following West Michigan groups:
- Al-Van Humane Society - South Haven
- Barry County Animal Shelter - Hastings
- Crash’s Landing & Big Sid’s Sanctuary Cat Rescue and Placement Center - Grand Rapids
- Humane Society of Mid Michigan - Stanton
- Harbor Humane Society - Olive Township
- Humane Society of West Michigan - Walker
- Ionia County Animal Shelter - Ionia
- Kent County Animal Shelter - Grand Rapids
- Muskegon Humane Society - Muskegon
- Pound Buddies - Muskegon
- SPCA of Southwest Michigan - Kalamazoo
- Unleashed Love Pet Rescue - Grand Rapids
- Wishbone Pet Rescue Alliance - Allegan
While BISSELL Pet Foundation’s Empty the Shelters event is Saturday, many shelters strongly encourage potential adopters to obtain pre-approval days earlier. Places like Crash’s Landing and the Muskegon Humane Society require it. To start the pre-approval process, contact the shelter you’re interested in adopting from.
For more event information, visit BISSELL Pet Foundation’s website.