MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — Two firefighters were injured when rescuing three people trapped on the second floor of a burning house in Muskegon Friday morning.
It happened around 2 a.m. in the 1600 block of Glade Street, north of Forest Avenue.
Liberti DiCocco and her fiancé were staying in her friend’s second-story apartment when smoke alarms woke them up.
"There was so much smoke that I collapsed on the bed. And my fiance got me up and said, ‘We need to go, we need to go.’ And I was on the phone with 911," DicCocco recalled.
The stairwell was full of flames and smoke. With no other way out, they smashed an upstairs window as fire crews showed up with ladders.
But as DiCocco was trying to escape, she says she fell out the window, taking a firefighter down with her for the nearly 18-foot drop.
View the full story on WoodTV