WASHINGTON (WOOD) — The state agency working to find the likely carcinogen PFAS in drinking water sources and get rid of it is about to run out of money — but it's working to appropriate more.
Late last year, the state set aside $23 million for PFAS elimination initiatives. The woman in charge of the Michigan PFAS Action Team said it will likely be gone by the end of 2018.
"We've certainly used the $23 million very effectively for investigation and mitigation, earning protecting drinking water,” MPART director Carole Isaacs told Target 8 outside of a U.S. House committee hearing in Washington Thursday.
View the full story on WOODTV8...