NEEDHAM, Mass., July 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor the world's largest travel site, today announced the top burger restaurants in the U.S. based on the millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor diners. From coast to coast (and a lot of beef in between), these beloved burger joints are sure to delight travelers and locals alike with their delicious meat creations.
"We have leveraged the feedback from diners browsing TripAdvisor to surface the best burger restaurants in America," said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. "This list serves up some of juiciest, crowd-pleasing burgers you should try – ranging from the traditional patty, to those with toppings including peanut butter and fried eggs. Millions of diners can, and do, find it all on TripAdvisor."
RANKED: Trip Advisor's Top 10 Burger Restaurants in the U.S.
1. Al's Burger Shack – Chapel Hill, North Carolina(272 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 bubbles on TripAdvisor) Located steps away from the University of North Carolina campus, Al's Burger Shack prides itself on being local and sustainable – serving up juicy, all-natural, hormone and antibiotic-free burgers since 2013.
- Signature burger: "Bobo Chili Cheeseburger" topped with chili sauce, slaw, chopped onion, yellow mustard and American cheese
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "A must visit for all hamburger lovers. Big, juicy burgers and unique rosemary fries. Combine these with an attentive, local owner and friendly staff and you've got a winner!"
2. Brooks Gourmet Burgers & Dogs – Naples, Florida(2,540 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 bubbles on TripAdvisor) With more than 40 years of combined hospitality experience, Todd Brooksand his wife moved their family to Naples to open Brooks Gourmet Burgers & Dogs in 2010. Now operating three locations, the couple has remained committed to delivering the perfect burger.
- Signature burger: "Donut Burger" topped with American cheese and bacon between two glazed donuts
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "They offer all kinds of unique burgers and yummy milkshakes. The burgers are excellent quality and cooked just right."
3. Honest Abe's Burgers & Freedom – Lincoln, Nebraska(555 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 bubbles on TripAdvisor) Founded by cousins Gabe Lovelace and Erik Hustad, Honest Abe's Burgers & Freedom has been serving 6-ounce patties to the Lincolncommunity since 2012.
- Signature burger: "Greatest Burger Ever" topped with chopped bacon, griddled onions, "awesome sauce," American cheese, ketchup and romaine lettuce
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "If you are in the market for exotic and delicious combinations atop a wonderful beef burger you've come to the right place."
4. Grumps Burgers – Granbury, Texas(314 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 bubbles on TripAdvisor)Named after founder Collier Albright's grandfather, Grumps Burgers continues to provide top-notch burgers and service in a fun, clean, affordable, and casual atmosphere.
- Signature burger: "Queso Burger" topped with queso, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "This is the best burger we have eaten, and not just in Granbury. We love the crispy bun, fresh toppings and meat."
5. Slabtown Café and Burgers – Traverse City, Michigan(464 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 bubbles on TripAdvisor) Located in a house in the Slabtown district – a west-side Traverse Cityneighborhood named after the housing style from logging days – Slabtown Café and Burgers patties up to 800 pounds of burger daily.
- Signature burger: "Slabtown Special" double burger with American cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, topped with "Slabtown Sauce"
- What TripAdvisor diners say: "Great menus of specialty burgers - the toppings are flavorful without overwhelming the burger. Good quality beef cooked perfectly!"
See the full list here at BusinessInsider