Mom warns of venomous caterpillars after son's harrowing medical scare

posted by THE INSIDER -

I don't think I've ever posted a BE AWARE post before- but after today I think this is super important. Around 10:15...

Posted by Andrea Pergola on Saturday, June 16, 2018
ABOVE: Andrea Pergola shared a photo of her son's injury, left, and the caterpillar he brushed up against on Facebook with a warning.  (Photo credit :Fox 13 )

By Alexandria Hein| Fox News

A Florida mother is speaking out about the dangers of a seemingly harmless backyard pest after her son landed in the emergency room with alarming symptoms. Andrea Pergola, of Land o’ Lakes, said she was in the backyard with her son, Logan, who was picking up tree branches when he brushed up against a caterpillar, Fox 13 reported.

In a lengthy post on Facebook, Pergola said that within seconds, her son, whose age was not revealed, started experiencing painful symptoms on his arm.

“He instantly felt a sharp, stinging pain and his arm went numb. Within 5 minutes he was dizzy, had lost color, was complaining of the worst pain he had ever felt & his eyes weren’t super focused,” Pergola wrote, in the June 16 post.

Read more at FoxNews.com

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.